February didn’t end up being all I’d hoped it would be, but it wasn’t horrible either, when compared to January.
I mentioned last month that I had some news that I couldn’t share. I said that Hubby and I pulled the trigger and decided it was time for a change in our lives and I’d let you all know what that was as soon as I could.
Well, today I can tell you. Hubby accepted a job offer in Oregon. He gave his current employer his 30 day notice yesterday. We will be moving from Idaho to Oregon the weekend of April 1st.
We happen to be homeowners, so the last couple months have been kind of crazy. We had to get our house ready to sell, which included remodeling a bathroom. Apparently the work was all worth it, though, because we sold our house 4 days after we put it on the market!
Note: This post contains affiliate links. For more info, visit my disclaimer.
I’d be lying if I said this is a transition I’m excited about. We’re returning to our home town and my husband is going to start working for a company that’s owned by my father. Both things I’d hoped would never happen.
Between all the work we’ve been doing to prepare for this and the fact that I’ve been a bit down in the dumps over everything, my blog was on the back burner last month. That’s something that will likely continue this month, too. I’ll just be happy if I can get a post up every week!
I’m hoping once we get moved over there and life calms down that I’ll have more time to dedicate to my blog.
Here are the sad stats from last month:
All my stats are slightly worse than they were in January, but I think that if I’d had two or three extra days, this would look better. Darn you, February. Nonetheless, it is what it is.
Here are the 5 posts that saw the most traffic:
- How to Turn Your Coffee Cans into Flower Pots – 457 page views
- Stop Turning Your Little Boy into a Little Girl – 412 page views
- 5 Strange Things I Do to Save Money – 357 page views
- The Greatest Valentine’s Day Kids Crafts – 338 page views
- Are You Struggling with Your Grocery Budget? – 257 page views
I’ve got to admit that I’m a bit surprised seeing my post on how to turn a Folgers can into a flower pot in the number one spot! I suppose it makes sense, though, given spring is just around the corner.
So, let’s talk about my goals. How many did I actually achieve?
- Create a better schedule – Yep. I have post ideas for an entire year!
- Write 6 posts – I came in a little short on this one, I only wrote 5 posts.
- Fix 5 old posts – Yes.
- 75 email subscribers – No. I only gained 2! I really need to focus on this once life calms down a bit.
- Organize! – I still haven’t finished that Facebook spreadsheet.
- Flipboard it up – I used Flipboard a lot, but it hasn’t sent me a single reader.
- Google AdSense – $9.97 – I finally passed the $100 mark and can cash out.
- Swagbucks – $0.03 – I’m not actually an affiliate with them, I only make a penny when someone signs up through my link. Definitely going to look into becoming an affiliate now.
- DealSpotr – $2.03 – 1 person signed up for Dealspotr after reading this post. I made a little money off of it.
- Ibotta – $15.00 – Just like DealSpotr & Swagbucks, people read my recommendation of Ibotta, signed up and used it.
- Women Winning Online – $13.50 – By purchasing Jen’s Product, I became an affiliate. I sold an item for her last month and made a little money off the deal.
Total income last month: $40.55
Social media followers:
I’m happy with all of these increases! Glad to see my following grew this much last month!
Goals for March 2017:
- Write 5 posts – I’m hoping to post as much this month as I did last month.
- Fix 5 old posts – I did it last month, I can do it again this month!
- 75 email subscribers – Yep, it’s still a goal.
- Organize! – Finish that Facebook spreadsheet. I also want to create a spreadsheet to keep track of all of my income.
- Find and apply for a couple campaigns – I think I want to shoot for 3. Hopefully I’ll get one.
What are my recommendations for other bloggers?
Well, if you haven’t started blogging yet, I recommend getting a self hosted plan through Bluehost. Since I started blogging in May, I’ve had no issues with them. They have been great to work with and plans start as low as $3.45 a month!
If you already have a blog, PINTEREST IS KEY.
I can’t stress enough how important it is to be on Pinterest! And not just “I have an account and I pin all my posts to one of my boards“. You have to join group boards and pin your own pins to them as much as possible. I belong to tons of them, so feel free to head over to my Pinterest page and browse through my boards.
Another great idea is buying Finding Your Tribe Online. I couldn’t have gotten to where I am now without all the help I’ve gotten from Jen Snyder over at Women Winning Online. She has been so helpful that I purchased Finding Your Tribe Online from her a few months ago and it has been one of the best blogging purchases I’ve made! FYTO has multiple lists of Pinterest group boards organized by topic. It even tells you how to request to join each board! If you want to take your Pinterest game to the next level, it’s definitely worth the $67!!
If Facebook groups are more your style, she’s included a ton of those is FYTO, too. Seriously, this is the best blogging resource I’ve found so far!
I’ve been promoting FYTO for a few months now. I totally stand behind this product and attribute a lot of my success to it!